How to have multiple streams of income as a teenager?
Every teenager wants to know how to have multiple streams of income and make money as a teen.
Money can be the tool to get out of a boring job. It is possible to have a side hustle as a teenager and still focus on school, but you need to figure out what you want to do.
Here are some ideas :
Even though babysitting is a part-time gig and one that you probably won’t be getting paid for, if you can find a way to make it work, it’s a good idea.
Not only does babysitting help your parents save money on childcare expenses, but it also gives you an opportunity to learn about different kinds of kids, their interests, and some things that might interest them someday in the future.
Plus if you have a little time to spare during the summer or once school starts again, this could be a great way to earn some pocket change.
There are many requirements and rules associated with babysitting that may seem scary at first. Once you get over this fear of not having enough time by yourself and no adult supervision at all, I promise you that success will be yours sooner than you think!
Mow lawns and rake leaves.
Another great way to earn money as a teenager is to mow lawns and rake leaves. It’s a super easy job that gives you a good physical workout. You can even talk to some of your neighbors about getting started. If you have enough customers, you could even hire someone to help out with the work!
If you encounter any issues while on the job, don’t be afraid to ask for help from family or friends. They’ll be happy to assist in any way they can! And if you do a really great job, your clients may want to hire you back in the future!
Organize garage sales
Organizing garage sales is a great way to make money. You can sell your old things and earn.
However, you must make sure that you follow the proper procedure before organizing a sale. Here are some tips on how to organize a successful garage sale as a teenager:
- Advertise your sale early. There are several ways to advertise a garage sale. First, you can put up posters around your area or town to let people know of your upcoming garage sale. Or, if you want to reach more people, create an online posting in Craigslist or any other website where you can post classified ads for free.
- Make sure that you have enough space to set up a garage sale. Look for the right place where you can place all the items that you are going to sell. You don’t want them to be lying around on the ground as this will discourage buyers from checking out everything that is being sold at the event.
Sell your own crafts or works of art
Boy, the teen years can be a challenging time. We’re trying to figure out what we want to do with our lives, who we are as people—adolescent identity crises all in one.
But hey, you’ve got this thing going on with your art, right? You’re loving it, but you’re not sure how to get a start in selling it. Well, painting and drawing stuff isn’t as hard as you might think! Here are some tips for making money selling your art online:
- Find a market for your art; that is, someone other than yourself who would buy it. Or at least make something new and different so the person wouldn’t just buy your old paintings or drawings. That way you’ll have something fresh to sell and more of a chance of actually making money from your work instead of just spending other people’s money (or even worse, never getting any sales).
- Figure out which network sites will let you sell items through them. Make sure that they give enough money each time and allow multiple sales whenever possible (so if there’s no way you can charge less than five dollars per sale somewhere else). This is important because once these networks get big they tend to lose interest in helping small-time sellers like yourself (they have bigger fish to fry), so there’s little incentive for them to support small sellers anymore unless they can make up their share of the profits too (which they usually don’t any more).
- Start building an audience on Facebook (you may already have one) by sharing pictures from your website or by posting pictures from other sources around town where people gather. For example if there’s an event happening such as a street fair or festival nearby where everyone is wearing costumes then go ahead and post some pictures from those events or ask friends for photos for use on Facebook; at least try using the new “share” feature after experimenting with its options until you find a good setting for yourself without distracting visitors
Offer errand services for neighbors, friends, and family members
- Offer errand services for neighbors, friends, and family members.
- Offer to grocery shop for those who cannot do it themselves.
- Offer to pick up medications for someone who is sick or has a broken limb.
- Offer to pick up and drop off dry cleaning for a neighbor or your parents’ friends.
- Offer to run an errand for someone who is sick and unable to leave the house.
- Offer help with projects for elderly people in your neighborhood.
Offer some kind of tutoring service
You can offer to tutor younger students at one of your local schools or even elementary classes. Check with a school in your area and see if there is a way you can help a class learn.
Tutoring is a good way to earn money since people are always looking for help. You can tutor in any subject, English, Math, Science, History, etc. If you are great at writing papers for other people but don’t want to do it all the time, you could just offer your services as an essay editor. You could also help with college essays that can be difficult for older kids too!
You don’t have to be physically present with the person you’re tutoring either if they don’t live close by. There are plenty of online tutoring services that you can use instead of meeting up in person. Many tutors charge by the hour instead of by the lesson; this allows them to make more per hour if they schedule several lessons back-to-back than they would teach one class for an entire hour.
Learn basic repair skills
Learn basic auto repair skills and offer to do minor jobs like changing oil, rotating tires, and so on.
If you have the capability and means to work on cars, you can charge a lot of money for basic maintenance tasks like changing oil or rotating your tires.
This is an extremely simple job that anyone can learn how to do with YouTube videos or a quick trip to your local mechanic school. If you can offer a higher level of service than these videos, customers will pay more for it.
Once you’ve learned the basics of car maintenance, use them to make money. You can run specials through social media or Craigslist where you offer some type of discount for a new customer who becomes a repeat customer.
For example, I used to change my friends’ oil for $10 per vehicle if they brought their own filter and oil (I recommended synthetic blend).
That may not seem like much but it adds up fast when you have multiple vehicles using the same filter size (the only thing I had to stock) and everyone brings their own oil except for one person who wants everything done by me.
I made approximately $20 in about 15 minutes from this friend alone because he uses synthetic oil. Not bad!
Take your pets to visit nursing homes – it’s good for both the residents and animals
If you love animals, especially dogs or cats, this is a great way to make some extra money. Nursing home residents often appreciate the company of an animal, and many nursing homes have therapy dogs or other pets to visit with their residents.
But it’s not always enough for everyone! You can also volunteer your own pets to visit some of the residents. This can lift their spirits and help them feel less lonely and depressed.
Your pets will get a lot out of it, too—they will get socialized and exercise by walking through the halls; they’ll enjoy the affection from different people, and they may even get fed treats by the staff!
Cleaning houses is another way to make money as a teenager. Most people don’t have time to clean their own homes, or they simply can’t do it themselves.
That’s why they are always looking for good house cleaners that are not too expensive but can do a great job. Use this opportunity to get some extra cash and market yourself as the best house cleaner in town!
You can charge by the hour, by the job, or by the room—the choice is up to you. Make sure you ask people what they expect of you before starting work and create a list of things you will do every time you clean someone’s home.
For example: “I will wash all dishes, vacuum all floors, dust everything on countertops and tables, unclutter your kitchen table, make your bed if requested, etc.”
When advertising your cleaning services on social media (you want to advertise everywhere), including prices and pictures of your previous cleaning jobs so potential new clients can see how great of a job you did and decide whether or not they want to hire you.
Finally, don’t be afraid to ask around if any of your family members or friends need cleaning services—they’ll likely give you more credit than strangers would!
Some of the best, most lucrative work you can do these days is freelance. Freelance work can be done either online or offline, but if you’re going to do it in your spare time and while at school, then you should definitely consider doing it online.
The fact that you can do this type of work from anywhere makes it one of the easiest ways to make money on the side as a teenager.
Freelancing also has the benefit of making it possible for you to make money by doing something that you love. If you like writing, for example, then there are plenty of opportunities out there for paid writing jobs.
If all goes well and more clients hire you, freelancing could turn into a full-time job for years to come!
EBay or Amazon sales
While this may seem like a difficult thing to achieve, online auctions and sales sites can provide a relatively painless way for teens to earn money. Sites such as eBay and Amazon are not only great resources for getting rid of unwanted items, but also help you make money that you would have otherwise thrown away.
As long as you have access to the internet and know how to sell your items, you’ll be on your way to making some extra cash.
If you want to start selling on eBay, you’ll need to create an account before listing any products. After creating your account, click “sell” at the top of the page and select “start selling.”
You’ll then need to follow several steps while filling out information about your product(s). Once your item has been successfully listed, sit back as interested shoppers bid on or purchase it.
If you decide that Amazon is better for selling your items, you’ll need to create an account by clicking “sign in” at the top of the page. If this is your first time registering with Amazon, simply follow all instructions provided during sign-up until successful completion of all steps.
Once done with registration, click “sell” at the top of the screen and select which option (Amazon seller or Fulfillment by Amazon) best fits what you’re looking to do with Amazon’s marketplace platform. Then simply follow all other prompts given until successfully listing an item for sale.
Teaching lessons or classes
- Teaching lessons or classes
If you have a skill or talent, you can use it to make money. You might want to advertise your services on social media, online classifieds and other websites. Make sure that you meet people in public places when they come to take their lessons.
One of the best places is your local library or community center. Also, consider hiring a background check service so that you’re not surprised by any red flags in someone’s past.
- Instrument Lessons
- Bass guitar
- Flute/recorder/other woodwind instruments
- Brass instruments like trumpet and French horn
- Drums and percussion instruments
A great way to make money while you’re sleeping is by watching other people’s homes and/or pets. This works especially well if you have some free time during the day, and don’t feel like working a 9-5 job.
The great thing about house sitting is that it can be done from anywhere in the world, as long as you have access to the internet.
You can advertise your services on Craigslist or Facebook, or talk to people in your community who might be interested in what you offer.
Washing cars for neighbors/friends
How to have multiple streams of income as a teenager? Though it sounds like a ridiculous idea, this really is possible. To show you how it’s done, we offer up four tips:
Wash cars for friends and neighbors. This is what we did when we were in high school and needed extra income to pay for expenses. We worked for our friends or neighbors by washing their vehicles with dilute dish soap and water so that they didn’t have to do the hard work of scrubbing them clean.
It was easy money that they paid us weekly in cash (you can make more than just $5 each time you wash a car). Now that we’re approaching adulthood, having multiple sources of income can be pretty cool. We’re sure there’s something out there you can do!
Try many things, and be persistent if it is something that interests you. Not all endeavors will work out as planned, but this doesn’t mean it’s a waste of time.
There are other ways to make money when you are young. Try to find what fits you and have fun while spending your time profitably. So just Start 🚀